Thursday, January 21, 2010

Animal Farm

By George Orwell

Ah yes, Animal Farm. A classic. Short and sweet. A palate cleanser. I needed something TOTALLY different than Lolita and honestly, though I considered reading Pride and Prejudice next I just couldn't imagine anything resembling a love story directly after the tainted love (bump-bump) of Lolita.

I am about two-thirds of the way through and I am enjoying it in all of it's alle-glory. OK, that was pretty bad. Sorry. I did appreciate the intro with the discussion regarding the historical context of Animal Farm. I wish I had a better knowledge of Russian history, as I'm sure that I would enjoy more connections than I have with my limited knowledge, but the underlying truth as it applies to all forms of leadership is good to consider nonetheless. The totalitarianism inching into Animal Farm is quite interesting so far with the warping and bending of history and rules to benefit the ruler.

I anticipate finishing soon and I'll let you know. I am ever-so-hopeful that one of my co-authors on this blog will jump on soon to let us know what they are reading. I am quite the blog hog it seems. Oh Danny Boy, the blog, the blog is calling... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Literature Quotes